What is Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)?
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) is characterized by unreasonable thoughts & fears (obsession) that lead you to do repetitive behavior (compulsion).
With OCD you may or may not realize that your obsessions are not reasonable & may try to ignore them or stop them, but that increases your distress & anxiety. Ultimately, you feel compelled to perform compulsive action in an effort to ease your stressful feeling.
Why Aadhar Hospital for treatment of obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)?
- Team of experienced psychiatrists & well trained staff.
- Treatment of psychotherapy as well as medications.
- Specialized, well designed goal oriented programs for OCD patients.
- Education programs for patient as well as family members.
What is the structure of the obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) treatment Program?
- Psychotherapy – for patient & for family
Signs & symptoms of obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
Obsessions are repeated persistent & unwanted urges or images that cause distress or anxiety.
- Fear of being contamination by germs or dirt
- Having things in order or in symmetry
- Aggressive thoughts about harming yourself or others
- Unwanted thoughts about aggression, sexual or religious subjects.
- Hyper-awareness about body movements & body structure.
These are repetitive behavior that one is driven to perform.
- washing or cleaning
- Demanding reassurances
- Following a strict routine
- Spending a lot of time in front of a mirror
One needs to understand that there’s a difference between being a perfectionist & having OCD. If your obsessions & compulsions are affecting your quality of life, see your doctor or consult a psychiatrist.
At the early stage, people with OCD may be ashamed & embarrassed about the condition, but the treatment will definitely make difference.
How much does it cost to get treatment for obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)?
Aadhar hospital continuously strives to provide best of the care at an affordable cost to the patient. The treatment costs may vary from patient to patient based on the duration of the treatment as well as other medical problems the patient may have.
Therapy charges variable.
Medicines & diagnostics charged as actuals.
Hospitalization charges (inclusive of stay, doctor’s fees, & nursing charges) are as given below:-
- Ward — Rs. 1300 per day
- Special Room — Rs. 1900 per day
- Deluxe Room — Rs. 2400 per day
- Super Deluxe A/C Room — Rs. 2900 per day
To ensure good follow-up & treatment compliance, Aadhar hospital has a Red Card Facility which significantly cuts the cost of long term treatment.
Red card Facility at Aadhar Hospital